Human Resources Administrator
It is the mission of the Diocesan Department of Human Resources to provide development, oversight, support, training, and direct service in human resource management for the diocesan offices, parishes, and schools, in keeping with principles expressed in the Second Vatican Council, writings of the American Bishops, and Canon / Civil Law regarding justice, personal dignity, and ethical behavior in employment.
Major areas of responsibility and involvement:
- Provide HR support and advice in administrative HR matters
- Assistance in development and implementation of policies and procedures
- Legal compliance
- Screening and hiring
- Terminations assistance
- Job descriptions
- Personnel files
- Employee orientation
- Compensation assistance
- Voluntary HR process reviews for parishes
* For information on employee benefits, contact Karen Salamon in the Finance Office
* For information on employment relations and conflict resolution, contact Terri Sortor.