Totus Tuus is a Catholic youth program dedicated to sharing the Gospel and promoting the Catholic faith through catechesis, evangelization, Christian witness, and Eucharistic worship. The goal of Totus Tuus is to help young people grow in the understanding of, and strengthen their faith in, Jesus Christ. It is only by establishing a real and personal relationship with Him that we can be led to the love of the Father in the Spirit and so be made sharers in the life of the Holy Trinity. "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me" (John 4:16). Totus Tuus strives to bring our faith to life by creating a balance between knowledge of the meaning of the Sacraments and an authentic Sacramental life.
Totus Tuus seeks to foster openness to vocations in the young people we serve as well as among the teachers. This is accomplished by placing special emphasis on the importance and necessity of prayer, Eucharistic devotion, and Marian devotion, in addition to catechetical instruction and formation in the Catholic faith.
For more information on our program, please download the Totus Tuus Blue Book and the 2019 Parish Schedule.
Each Totus Tuus team consists of two young men and two young women. Teaching for Totus Tuus is a very rewarding experience. Qualifications needed to teach are:
- A commitment to the Catholic faith.
- Desire to teach the faith.
- Love of children as well as energy, enthusiasm and leadership abilities.
Updated teacher application coming soon.
Totus Tuus Mission:
- To gather college students and seminarians from across the United States onto teams, training them in service to God, drawing them closer to Our Lord through prayer, devotion, knowledge, and Christian formation.
- To use these teams to inflame the hearts and minds of children and young adults through inspiring in them a true longing for holiness, a deep desire for conversion, and by empowering them to become Christian leaders by dedicating their lives totally to God and to live a life imitating the motto of John Paul II, "TOTUS TUUS" (Totally Yours).
- To impart an understanding of the Catholic Faith and an ongoing change of heart in all the participants of TOTUS TUUS through a solid catechesis on the Virtues and Beatitudes and the Joyful Mysteries of the Rosary.
Join our Totus Tuus Facebook page
For more information, please contact:
Director of Catechesis, Youth Ministry & Evangelization
228 North Cascade Ave.
Colorado Springs, CO 80903