On Aug. 28, 1959, Denver Archbishop Urban J. Vehr established Holy Trinity parish. Land was acquired from A.V. (Tony) Venetucci, who sold 5.6 acres to the parish. Venetucci returned half of the purchase price as a donation in memory of his brother Rocco, who had died in a well explosion on the property 15 years before. Father John L. Aylward, was named the founding pastor. When he arrived, Holy Trintiy had 450 families, but no buildings, so Father said Mass in the Crazy Cat Lounge, a bar on N. Nevada Ave.
Upon Father Aylward's death in 1963, Father Walter Jaeger became the second pastor of Holy Trinity. Father Jaeger broke ground with a golden shovel on a $250,000 school in January 1965, which opened the next year.
Father Edward T. Madden served as pastor from 1971 - 1976. Father Michael A. Walsh became pastor in 1976. In January 1977, a new building was necessary for the 950 families in attendance. The last pew as put in place in June 1979, two months before the parish's 20th anniversary.
Father George V. Fagan served as pastor from 1982 - 1985; Father Karl Useldinger served as pastor from 1985 - 1989; Father John Auer served as pastor in 1989.
When Father Auer left, Fr. Mike Butler served with other diocesan and Holy Cross priests until Father Mark Zacker's arrival in 2004. Father Zacker served as pastor from 2005 - 2008. Father James Williams served as pastor from 2008 - 2013. Father Kizito Osudibia served as pastor from 2013 - 2015. Father Michael Goodyear became pastor in 2015 and with the generosity of donors, both the rectory and the sanctuary went through major renovations.
Father David Boroff became the pastor of Holy Trinity in August 2018