Bishop Henry Tihen of Denver dedicated the first church building of Our Lady of Victory Parish on June 2, 1925.
The construction was largely done by Henry Thibault and other parishioners, taking two years and costing
$3,500. The original church building is the present day site of St. Mary Church in Flagler.
The parish hall for Our Lady of Victory is a converted Army barracks building and was added in 1947. Archbishop
Urban J. Vehr of Denver dedicated the present church building on June 8, 1961. To accommodate the moving of
the resident priest from Hugo to Limon, a rectory was constructed in 1994.
From 1925 until the Colorado Springs Diocese’s estabishment in 1984, the parish was served by a variety of
priests from the Denver area. Father Jerry Kelleher, a Colorado Springs diocesan priest, was assigned pastor
A new era was ushered in 1982, when Vincentian priest Father Bill Rhinehart became pastor. The Vincentian
Fathers committed themselves to serving the parishes of the diocese on the eastern plains for a 10-year period.
That commitment was renewed in 1992, and Vincentians served the community until 2002, when Father George
V. Fagan, a previous diocesan chancellor and judicial vicar, was appointed pastor.