St. Michael parish was founded in 1905. Father G. Raber built the first church in Calhan, now known as St. Michael. Gradually, four other churches were consolidated and a new church was built in 1967. As the years progressed our lovely church is now joined by a large two- story education building and a freshly remodeled rectory. This parish is a very close knit family, always ready to welcome new parishioners. We are truly dedicated to serving The Lord through our beautiful parish out on the plains.
There are active men’s and women’s clubs, and highlights of the year include Christmas caroling, the annual bazaar and a Seder meal.
On June 26, 2005, St. Michael celebrated its 100th anniversary with a Mass and a carnival.