St. Paul was designated a parish on Nov. 15, 1925. Father Louis Hagus was the first pastor and served from
1925 until his death in July 1935. The second pastor was Msgr. Michael Harrington, who served from 1935 until
1974. He served at St. Paul’s in Emeritus status from 1974 to 1984 and died May 16, 1986.
Pauline Memorial School opened in September 1955 with kindergarten and four grades. A convent was built for
eight nuns in 1961. The school had grown to eight grades by 1962.
The congregation celebrated Mass in Pauline Chapel until the present church was built in 1959. The first service
was Christmas Midnight Mass in the year of construction. The church was dedicated by Archbishop Urban J.
Vehr on Feb. 2, 1960. The third pastor for St. Paul Parish was Father Theodore Haas, who served from 1974 to
1984. Father Robert Mann replaced him in 1984 and served there until 1987.
The convent was converted into an administrative offices/activities center in 1985. Father John Slattery served
as pastor pro-tem from 1987 to 1988, when Father Thomas Currier was assigned there. Father Currier served
until 1992, when Father John Auer was named pastor. The parish’s current pastor, Msgr. Bob Jaeger, who also
serves the diocese as vicar general and vicar for clergy, was assigned there in July 2008. St. Paul Parish serves
the Broadmoor neighborhood of southwestern Colorado Springs.