Four Things You Can Do to Oppose Physician-Assisted Suicide

1. Contact Your Representative

Ask them to oppose House Bill 1054 and Senate Bill 25. If you need help finding your Representative please visit the Colorado Catholic Conference’s website ( and click on the “FIND YOUR LEGISLATOR” button.

Contact members of the House Judiciary Committee

Rep. Daniel Kagan (D)  3  303-866-2921
Rep. Pete Lee (D)  18  303-866-2932
Rep. Terri Carver (R)  20  303-866-2191
Rep. Lois Court (D)  6  303-866-2967
Rep. Tim Dore (R)  64  303-866-2398
Rep. Mike Foote (D)  12  303-866-2920
Rep. Polly Lawrence (R)  39  303-866-2935
Rep. Paul Lundeen (R)  19  303-866-2924
Rep. Jovan Melton (D)  41  303-866-2919
Rep. Joseph Salazar (D)  31  303-866-2918
Rep. Yeulin Willett (R)  54  303-866-2583

2. Contact members of the Senate State, Veterans, and Military Affairs Committee

Sen. Ray Scott (R)  7   303-866-3077
Sen. Jerry Sonnenberg (R)  1  303-866-6360
Sen. Owen Hill (R)  10   303-866-2737
Sen. Matt Jones (D)  17   303-866-5291
Sen. Jessie Ulibarri (D)  21  303-866-4857

3. Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper

Please be aware that there are word limits for these types of letters so it is best to contact the newspaper or look at their website to determine what the parameters of a letter to the editor would be for aspecific publication.

4. Talk to your friends and family

Please tell your colleagues, family and friends about this legislation and the dangers it poses to all Coloradans. Encourage them to take action on the issue by contacting their elected officials and asking them to oppose the legislation.

If you have any additional questions or need more information about this legislation or other legislation in Colorado please do not hesitate to contact the Colorado Catholic Conference: • 303-894-8808