In 1990 the Colorado Springs Council for Black Catholics (CSCBC) formed under the direction and endorsement of Bishop Richard C. Hanifen as a council to enhance our identity as Afro-American Catholics doing God’s work, and to give one another strength, encouragement, and fellowship.
As such, we became involved in a number of activities which allow us to more actively share in accomplishing our mission and to experience the spiritual growth we continually seek.
In 2022 the council implemented its Junior Membership for individuals 13-17 years old.
We are blessed to be a recipient of a grant from the Black and Indian Mission Office to pursue our evangelization and outreach efforts.
The council is diocese-wide.
- With Christ as our model, provide fellowship and share His word.
- Share talents as we bring new life into the Catholic church.
- Provide positive role models.
- Share resources and network with other organizations to provide services.
- Advocate for Social Justice issues within the diocese.
Our patron saint is St. Martin de Porres.
Our motto is "BE SEEN" (Building, Enlightening, Service, Educating, Evangelizing, Networking).