Spiritual Direction is:
- “help given by one Christian to another which enables that person to pay attention to God’s personal communication to him or her
- to respond to this personally communicating God
- to grow in intimacy with this God
- to live out the consequences of the relationship.” (William A. Barry and William J. Connolly, The Practice of Spiritual Direction)
- Spiritual direction is about a relationship.
- It is what happens in an ongoing relationship between the person and God.
- Most often this is a relationship that is experienced in prayer.
- God is leading the person to deeper faith and more generous service.
Spiritual Direction is NOT:
- Pastoral Counseling
- Advice Seeking Session
Who Is Spiritual Direction for?
Anyone 18 years and older that would like to strengthen their relationship with God through prayer.
Finding the Right Spiritual Director
- Pray for guidance from the Holy Spirit
- A listing of Spiritual Directors is available to help you find one that best serves your needs. The listing does not represent any endorsement or responsibility by the Diocese of Colorado Springs.
- Click here to get in touch with one of our Colorado Springs Spiritual Directors
- The first 2-3 sessions with a Spiritual Director will be to find out more about your director, as well as your director finding out more about you
How often do I meet with my Spiritual Director?
- For you and your Spiritual Director to decide
How do I become a Spiritual Director?
Upcoming Retreats/Days of Prayer
(any upcoming events offered by SD’s within the Diocese)