National Night of Prayer for Life set for Dec. 8
On the Feast of the Immaculate Conception (then celebrated on Dec. 9) Our Lady of Guadalupe, patroness of the Americas and the unborn, first appeared to St. Juan Diego. The National Night of Prayer for Life bridges these two feasts to honor the Blessed Mother and to pray for the sanctity of all human life. We ask all the faithful to join in praying on this holy occasion.
The National Night of Prayer for Life is a pro-life prayer service consisting of exposition and adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, reciting all 20 mysteries of the rosary, prayer to St. Michael, silent prayer and hymns. National Night of Prayer for Life will be observed at several parishes in the diocese on Dec. 8, the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, as follows:
• Pax Christi, Littleton, 8-9 p.m. (following 7 p.m. Mass)
• St. Benedict, Falcon, Dec. 8 at 8 p.m. through Friday at 7 a.m. (all night adoration).
• St. Francis of Assisi, Castle Rock, 10-11 p.m.
• St. Gabriel, Colorado Springs, 9-11 p.m.
• St. Patrick, Colorado Springs, 1-2 p.m. (following noon Mass, especially for moms with babies and toddlers), and 7-9 p.m. (following 6 p.m. Mass)
• St. Peter, Monument, 8-10 p.m. (following 7 p.m. Mass)