International Pilgrim Virgin statue to tour diocese in March
COLORADO SPRINGS. The International Pilgrim Virgin Statue of Our Lady of Fatima will be in the Diocese of Colorado Springs March 4-26. This year marks the 100th anniversary of the Blessed Mother’s apparitions at Fatima, Portugal in 1917. On the 13th day of the month from May through October, the Virgin Mary appeared to three children who were in the countryside tending sheep — Jacinta and Francisco Marto and Lucia dos Santos — and told them to pray the rosary each day in reparation for sins.
Typically, a visit to a parish consists of opening and closing ceremonies and periods of private prayer and visiting in between. Other devotions may include the rosary, scapular enrollment and consecration to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary. At each parish, the statue’s custodian will give a talk that lasts about 25 minutes.
Following is a list of parishes that will hosting the statue and the dates of the visits. More detailed schedules will be published in the March 3 issue of the Herald and on the diocesan website, www.diocs.org.
- March 4 — Holy Trinity.
- March 5 — St. Rose of Lima, Buena Vista.
- March 6 — Pax Christi, Littleton.
- March 7 — St. Patrick.
- March 8 — Our Lady of the Woods, Woodland Park.
- March 9 — St. Francis of Assisi, Castle Rock.
- March 10 — Our Lady of the Visitation, Kiowa.
- March 11-12 — St. Mary’s Cathedral.
- March 14 — Corpus Christi.
- March 15 — St. Gabriel the Archangel.
- March 17 — St. Mark, Highlands Ranch.
- March 19 — St. Paul.
- March 22 — Our Lady of the Woods, Woodland Park.
- March 26 —St. Dominic, Security.